torsdag den 29. april 2010

Celebrate colors! South African Fashion

I have gotten this newfound love of dresses/ clothes made by local designers, since they not are part of the mainstream attire. Look below for some inspiration of these beautiful items; I have also bought some similar to these, but would like a lot more. There are also many vintage-inspired dresses, and I have a newfound love for vintage stuff here as well, there are so many vintage shops with gorgeous items. Best place to accesorize, really.  
What I like is their modern twist along with the traditional fabrics, so they are not over the top, so to speak. Or the cut makes the items more 'youthful' . Have a look below of how one can mix and match and combine 'the best of two worlds', so to speak :) I would not mind going to some fashion events - I am still looking into that. I think these kind of dresses provided a great alternative to the classical grey, black, brown tones, but can still be used with those colors - a perfect combination for me :) I will soon purchase the stuff i have actually bought, but for now, check out these lovely designs :)



Beautiful skirt, I love the fabric




I saw this magazine and loved the front page



this dress is so beautiful as well


love this one too


I love the match of the boyfriend blazer and the dress here


cute different dress.. and colorful



Project Runway season 5 runner-up  Korto Momolu
beautiful dresses


Dress in the middle is beautiful, and I love the skirt to the left as well



gorgeous dresses


And finally, I want some T-shirts from Ama Kip Kip. The guy behind these colorful T-shirts, is Nkosana Lesedi. Ama Kip Kip means multi coloured popcorn and is a South African brand, and their T-shirts are gone in an instant. So far, wherever I have located them, they have been sold on. Getting at least two of these is on my to-do-list for sure!!


Here is one of the shirts - they also make them for women.



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar