Midnight Madness at University of Maryland is the introduction of the men and women basketball teams. This year it took place on October 17. However, there were several other acts taking place, such as performances by the spirit squad, dance team, cheerleaders, gymnasts, etc. The performance by the gymnastics team caught attention, since they in the end of their show jumped through a hoop of fire... it was crazy but nice.
But let me start with the beginning. Before even getting to watch anything, I had to get in. I had, of course, forgotten all my ID at home, and usually one is not allowed in without any kind of ID, even though my name was on the ticket. I begged the woman standing in the door by saying I was an exchange student and this was a once in a life time experience for me etc... so luckily I was let in. All my friends were already inside, so it would have been a shame was I not let in.
One particular difference I noticed as this being my first Midnight Madness was the difference between the introduction of Men's and Women's basketball. The women's team started, and they came on one by one from the corner of the court and lastly their couch came on, it was not too grand but okay. But the men! oh la la.
The men's team players came on court by walking down the audience stairs, onto court, and a shot at the hoop, followed by a flame to salute them. It looked pretty and all, but my my, what a difference. And that was not all! When the coach of the men's teams came on to the court, he was not so primitive to just walk in.. no no, he came on to the court in a car! Nothing less could do it, right? (Unfortunatly my camera had died when the men came on, so I have no proof of all this stuff I am saying... but I swear it is true=) )
Well I am excited for the season to start, and I will definetly be attending some of the games. Women's or Men's , you might ask? Well both. :)
Avantika and Giordano
Tina, me, Avantika
Hannes ( giving me the evil look) and Angelo ( is that his name?)
the dancers
Testudo time
more dancin'
a full court
more entertainment
women's basketball team coming on stage
Spirit Squad
The band
Me, Avantika, Giordano
gymnastics
ring of fire
oh-oh
Very nice blog Sabah!!!
SvarSletI very seriously congratulate you, I have try it a lot of times but, I'm just not good of a narrator.
Thanks for letting me in your little cosy world.
(Now I'm starting to think about trying it again)