søndag den 29. januar 2012

Bienvenue en Suisse

I arrived here on Saturday, January 28 2012. I'm staying my first week with a woman and her 14 year old daughter. The woman works for the WHO.

After staying with them I will move to the city center of Geneva, on saturday Feb. 4th. I am currently staying in Commugny, which is 17,9 km away from Geneva. I will go to the center tomorrow to see what is is like.

The cold here is similar to Denmark. I'm happy I bought my skiing gear ( see pic). When flying in so many people were going skiing - they had to fill the front part of the plane with luggage, which caused we were a little delayed. The windows of the plane had ice on them. That was a first for me to see.

Maybe I will try to go skiing, as I never have tried it before. For now I will settle and see how things work out when I move to Geneva. I paid extra so I could bring two bags, normally a carrier of 10 kg as hand luggage is allowed with. I chose that option so I wouldn't get tempted to do impulse shopping for things I don't need, as I brought all the necessary items. The word is that everything is expensive here.

Arriving at the airport yesterday I received a text from Suzanne, the woman I stay with. She said that I should take the train from the airport to Nyon and take a cab from there. I did so, and after a few logistical misunderstandings ( thinking I was on the wrong train, being on first class with a second class ticket) I got in a cab and the guy explained to me that I should do grocery shopping in France, as it is much cheaper there. However, he warned, that requires a car, and taking a cab wouldn't be good, as it then would make it even pricier than just doing grocery shopping here. We shall see :) this was just a short update, but many more will follow :)

Oh I will take some French classes while I am here and hopefully be much better in three months time:) keep an eye on my blog, I will also post about interesting things to see and do in Geneva :)



xoxo Sabrah

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar