søndag den 2. januar 2011

Happy New Year - first post of the year 2011

I spent New Years Eve with family and friends. I first had dinner with my family, and a good friend of mine came along. We had the traditional new year dinner consisting of salmon, potatoes and bearnaise sauce, and it looked similar to this:



Our dessert was also delicious. We had brownies with chocolate icecream and seeds from a pomegranate:

  


When it is time to ring in the new year, it is Danish tradition to watch Dinner for One, drink champagne and eat a special kind of cake, named "kransekage", which looks similar to this, and is made mostly out of marzipan:



Dinner for one:



I always used to watch this movie with my grandma, and we always thought "James" reminded us of my grandfather ( her husband), because he was such a funny one. So this is a sweet memory for me :)

I will post more pictures from the holidays ( ie. Christmas and New Year) later, preferably this coming week, depending on how busy I will with preparing for my oral exam Jan 11... wish me luck :) Thank you for reading my posts, and Happy New Year to all of you. I hope you will get a prosperious year 2011. 



xoxo Sabrah


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar