søndag den 7. juni 2009

Back to visit in College Park and Washington DC

I came back to visit DC for several purposes: I had applied for internships in DC, so I came back to see how what possibly would work out, do some networking, and lastly, if nothing worked out, have a small holiday. I chose to arrive on May 3rd and come back on May 31st. I was flying from Copenhagen to Heathrow, London, to Dulles Airport. There was some chaos going there, since a woman on the plane passed out, so she needed medical assistance asap. We had to stop in Ireland, so she could get the help she needed. We got very delayed because of that. Before we took off, they needed to refuel the plane, and give us dinner, since they already had heated it.
When I finally arrived to the US, which was supposed to happen at 1pm, instead I arrived around 7pm, I had no idea how I was going to reach my final destination, but I luckily found a way, as I always do :) Sometimes I like the spontaniety of travelling. A few days after arrival i was teased with having swine flu because of the woman who delayed us...even though I had flu symptoms it was not swine flu :)
It was nice to arrive to College Park, I got more nervous seeing all the signs leading to College Park, but as soon as I arrived, it was great. And my whole stay there was so great as well. I loved seeing all my friends and so on... I did several things there which I did not have time for , or found time for, when I was studying there, like seeing tourist attractions in DC, relaxing, and so on. I came at a time when the semester was ending, so I could only be excited about not having to study when everyone had to, as I could remember how it was the semester before. =)
I also tried to attend the graduation ceremony at University of Maryland, it was my first time seeing a graduation so big. There was one big graduation for all the graduates, as well as smaller graduations for the different institutes. I went to both the big one, as well as a smaller one, since my good friend Yali was graduating at the Institute of Higher Ed. Watching all these ceremonies I wondered why we don't have graduation ceremonies like that in Denmark. They both have it for bachelor degrees and master's there. I thought that was pretty cool. I would be fine for having it for my master's only. We'll see in 2010 :)
People were quite busy until my last week, since school was out then, so my last week was kinda hectic in terms of seeing people. I was sad pretty much that whole week, since I did not wanna leave, as I having such a good time, and did not want to return to Denmark. I will must likely go back, since that place is too much a part of me to stay away. I like DC a lot, and hopefully I will end up getting a job there. Even tho I did not get an internship, I have not given up. I am still feeling kind of sad, trying to survive, but I have realized my time right now not is in Denmark. I have plans to do internships in South Africa and hopefully Geneva. Please enjoy the pics. I might have left something out, but the pics will reveal so :)
THE PICS

out on adventures again - yay!

Me at the World Bank


Ish and I at the World Bank Headquarters

I do have it all - really! ;)



Avantika and I

taking a pic to make sure my hair is ok! sometimes a camera is the best mirror!


oh - I missed her :)





dinner with Yali at Noodles :)

GOING OUT





another time waiting for the metro going to International Student House

Mikael and Astrid

Astrid, Jacob, Mikael, me

dane/germans



Felisha and I

Vanessa and I

going to Pentagon City ( a mall)


Waiting for the metro heading to Pentagon City


we love cereal! lol
GRADUATION UMD 2009


Graduating class of 2009 at UMD


commencement 2009


aww good friends!!


group pic outside Stamp Union



the hat is in the air


preeeeeetttttyyyy


so cute

A happy graduate

Graduation ceremony at the Institute

waiting for a table and taking pics!

dinner at asian restuarant


it's all about taking the food!

Group pic


A happy girl who's graduated

My first professional baseball game - Washington Nationals vs. Baltimore Orioles


A player from Orioles named Moeller - I was surprised! ( it's my last name)

The president's race.. this is Washington after all :)




so many people

the stadium and the people


Dunn who scored two homeruns at this game


Ish is happy

Me at the stadium


The Washington Nationals


Ish and I


cute siblings

band in Memorial Day Parade


Memorial Day Parade


Memorial Day Parade

Memorial day Parade

Me and the monument


MD
UT

D.C.


WWII Memorial



Fountain at WWII memorial


birds at the WWII Monument


see the reflection in the lake



The Monument taken from the Jefferson Memorial


Thomas Jefferson Memorial

The Lincoln Memorial from the outside

Respect in the Lincoln Memorial


Abe

Abraham Lincoln


The Monument from the Lincoln Memorial


The Lincoln Memorial



It's important to brush ur teeth!

Me being happy


Ice cream in Georgetown
Me playing golf - trying to get it right

A drive to Adam's Morgan

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar