the five of us

So we decided to go to Virginia to see Obama. We waited for Jeppe by the Robert Smith Business School for Jeppe, who was bringing the car we had rented. When he finally came, around 3pm, he showed up in a nice red car. ...Sweet! :)
We got lost on the way there, which is the reason I took a picture of the road: Dumfries. Another reason I thought the name was funny because in Danish "dum" means stupid. So the road name to me was "stupid fries" he he.
When we finally arrived to Manassas we had to walk a while before getting into the area where Obama would speak. It was a farm area, so there were barns for cows etc. The security level was of course high, and we had to walk through metal detectors before entering the area. After that we went and got something to eat, and waited for Obama to come on. He was delayed, so he came on 1.5 hours ( I believe) after he was supposed to, and it was getting really cold standing there waiting. But when he finally came on people where relieved. And they were waiting for him.
There was one particular woman ( or actually two) I remember vividly. One woman was at least 50-60 years old, she had white hair, and raised her hand when one of the speakers asked how many people were voting for the first time. I thought that was kind of shocking.
Another woman asked me what I do to my hair, since we have the same kind of hair. I thought that was kind of funny, since it almost turned into one of those bad ads you see on TV, he he. I could not exactly remember the name of the products I use, but I tried to explain it to the best of my ability. :) She was a nice woman though.
When we had to go back, we could not remember where we had parked our car, and we all thought it was kind of silly none of us had really registrered where we had parked. We eventually found our car, but since Obama was delayed, I think we left Manassas around 1am. Around 2am the guys had not found their way out, and stopped at McDonalds. So it took quite a while to get home. Us girls were sitting in the back like "the kids".... yeah yeah we just let the guys run the show... he he.
I was back in my home around 3am and felt pretty tired... I had classes next day, so I fell asleep as a rock:)
in the car going to Virginia
the road name he he

jeppe the driver

me in the back

the road name he he
jeppe the driver
me in the back





Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar